When determining the optimal childcare solution for your family, there are critical points to consider. Allyson Bronner, Scarsdale Mom and Head of Family Advocacy for Morgan Stanley Institutional, created this list of consideration factors and interview questions to utilize when determining the right Day Care Center for your family.
By Allyson Bronner, Head of Family Advocacy
Morgan Stanley Institutional
Things to Consider
• Curriculum requirements
• Classroom and facility safety
• Student-teacher ratio
• Daily activity reports – and pictures or videos on an app or other source
• Teacher accessibility
• Is the center licensed?
• What background checks are conducted on staff?
• What are the staff’s education requirements?
• Is there a food service? If yes, what is the cost?
• Are cribs shared?
• What is the average teacher turnover?
• Is there a forum for parents to communicate?
• What materials and/or chemicals are used for cleaning?
• Is each child assigned to a primary caregiver?
• How many children do you serve, and what are their ages?
• What types of activities do children participate in?
• Is there a vaccination requirement?
• Do you administer medications?
• What happens if I need to bring my child early or pick up late?
• Do you let kids attend if they’re not potty-trained or if they have a runny nose or a cough?
• How do you discipline kids?
• Do you ever take children on outings offsite?
• Will I be charged if I take a vacation or my child is sick?
• Are staff trained in first aid, CPR and child-development?
• What is your first-aid protocol?